Friday, 2024-03-29, 7:54 PM
Main Registration Registration RSS
Welcome, Guest

KINDLY USE GOOGLE CHROME,FIREFOX FOR THIS WEBISTE..

THERE IS A CHAT BOX AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE

[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: sunny  
Forum » ISLAMIC » ALL ABOUT ISLAM » BEHAVIOUR OF HAZRAT MUHAMMAD WITH (WIFE,CHILDRENS AND GUESTS (BEHAVIOUR OF HAZRAT MUHAMMAAD)
BEHAVIOUR OF HAZRAT MUHAMMAD WITH (WIFE,CHILDRENS AND GUESTS
sunnyDate: Sunday, 2011-12-18, 8:38 PM | Message # 1
sir.
Group: Administrators

How did Prophet Muhammad treat his wives?
The Prophet Muhammad, upon him be peace, is the most excellent example as father and husband. He was very kind and tolerant towards his wives. They could not live, they could not envisage life, without him. They could not live away from him.

He respected and honoured the rights of his wives even under the most severe conditions

Each of his wives, because of his generosity and kindness, thought that she was his most beloved. The idea that any man could show equality and complete fairness in relationship with nine women seems impossible. For this reason, the Messenger of God asked God’s pardon for any unintentional leanings. He would make this prayer:

I may have unintentionally shown more love to one of them than the others and this would have been injustice. So, O Lord, I take refuge in Your grace for those things which are beyond my power [3].

His gentleness must have penetrated the souls of his wives so deeply that his departure led to what they must have felt like an unceasing separation. They did not commit suicide as Islam forbids it. However, life became an endless sorrow and ceaseless tears.

The Messenger was kind and gentle to all women and advised everyone else to be kind to them. His kindness was described on the authority of Sa‘d ibn Abi Waqqas, who related:

‘Umar said: ‘One day I went to the Prophet and saw him smiling. “May God make you smile forever, O Messenger of God!”, I said, and asked why he was smiling.

- I smile at those women. They were chatting in front of me before you came. When they heard your voice, they all vanished, he answered still smiling.

On hearing this answer, I raised my voice and told them, ‘You are scared of me, but you are not scared of the Messenger of God, and you do not show respect to him.’ “You are hard-hearted and strict”, they replied.4

‘Umar was also gentle to women. However, the most handsome of men look ugly when compared to the beauty of Joseph. Likewise, ‘Umar’s gentleness and sensitivity would seem like violence and severity when compared to that of the Prophet.

Prophet Muhammad صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم: A Mercy for Children

Children are special people. They have their own identity. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad ( صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ) showed this through his behavior. He loved children and was always compassionate and merciful towards them. He showed his affection for them in many ways. He hugged them and patted them on the back. He touched their
heads, combing their hair with his fingers.

He liked to hold little children in his arms. He made funny faces (like pulling his tongue out) to please them. When lying down he seated them on his legs or chest.

The Prophet Muhammad ( صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم) loved to play with children. He made them stand in a straight line, then he himself stood at a distance, spread his hands and told the children, “Come running to me. Whoever touches me first will get a prize,” they would all come, running and breathless. When they reached the Prophet ( صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم), they would fall all over him. He enjoyed this sport, gave prizes of dates and sweets to the winners and hugged and kissed the participants. Ref[2]

He used to kiss children and loved them very much. Once he was kissing children when a Bedouin came and said, "You love children very much. I have ten children and I have never kissed one of them." Muhammad replied, "What can I do if God takes away love from you?".

The Prophet Muhammad (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ) was always pleased to see parents loving and caressing their children. He once said, “When Allah blesses people with children, and they give their children love and meet their parental obligation, Allah keeps them safe from the fires of Hell.” Ref[2]

Jabir bin Samra, one of his companions, reported an incident of his childhood. "Once I offered the prayer with God's Messenger. After the prayer, when he went towards his house, I went with him. We were joined by more boys, and he kissed them all and me too." When Prophet Mohammad SAW was entering the town of Medinah, after emigrating from Makkah, some young girls of the Ansar were singing with joy in front of their houses. When he passed by, he said, "O girls! You love me." All said, "Yes, O God's Messenger." Then he said, "I love you also.” Ref[3]

Yusuf bin Abdullah said that when he was born his parents took him to God's Messenger for his blessing; he suggested the name, Yusuf, and put him in his lap. He patted him on the head and prayed for the
Blessings of God for him.' Ref[3]

Whenever the Prophet Muhammad (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ) passed by children, he tried to be the first to greet them and say “Assalaamu Alaikum.” When riding he would let children sit on his camel or donkey.

When children saw him, they came running. He greeted them warmly, picked them up, hugged them and kissed them. He loved giving them dates, fruits and sweets to eat.

In some prayers, the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ) read long Surahs. But if he heard a baby crying, he would read a short Surah and say a short prayer. This helped the mother to take care of her baby.

He used to get into the spirit of childish games in their company. He would have fun with the children who had come back from Abyssinia and tried to speak in Abyssinian with them. It was his practice to give lifts on his camel to children when he returned from journeys. Ref[4]

Among the instructions given before the conquest of Makkah, one of the important ones was not to harm any child. Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم was worried for their safety and wellbeing even at a state of war. This shows the compassion he had towards children no matter what the situation was.

BEHAVIOUR WITH GUESTS
The Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam was so well behaved
with his wives, other family members, neighbours and the Muslim people that every one of them would praise his behaviour.

Hazrat Anas RadiyAllahu Anhu says, �For ten years I served the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam at home and during his journeys. In this period RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam never rebuked nor told me off. In fact he never even said �uf� and never asked why I did something or why I did not.�
[Tirmizi]

Hazrat Anas RadiyAllahu Anhu further narrates that if someone talked to the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam, the Prophet would not move his face away until the speaker had finished. And he would never sit with his legs spread when sitting in a gathering. He would always be first in greeting someone with Salaam. He used to shake hands with the visitors and most of the times would spread his shawl for them to sit on. He always called his companions with good names and titles. He never interrupted anyone when they spoke. He always welcomed everyone with a smile.

The people of Madina would bring their containers filled with water every morning so that RasoolAllah Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam would dip his blessed hands in the water in order to bless it. Even when the mornings were very cold in winter and the water was freezing the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam never turned anyone away and dipped his blessed hand in every container. [Mishkaat, page 519, 520]

It was part of the daily routine of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam to visit his wives and his daughters. He also devoted some of his time to play with the grandchildren. He would even lend his ears to children when they wanted to speak to him. He was immensely caring with the neighbours.

With his appealing manners and exceptionally good behaviour the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam created an extraordinary and extremely peaceful society. Even today if his teachings are followed the world will be a much better place to live in.

(REMEMBER ME IN YOUR PRAYERS... PRINCESS)
Attachments: 9129062.jpg (16.6 Kb)

Forum » ISLAMIC » ALL ABOUT ISLAM » BEHAVIOUR OF HAZRAT MUHAMMAD WITH (WIFE,CHILDRENS AND GUESTS (BEHAVIOUR OF HAZRAT MUHAMMAAD)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: